Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Laughter

Life, without laughter, would be like stale bread. Charlie Chaplin once said, “A day without laughter is a day wasted.” God knows we waste enough. If laughter is contagious, then I don't mind being infected. Who needs a vaccine or a cure for laughter? 

Woody Allen creates vivid imagery when he says, "I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose." In spite of which, we can't help laughing till we cry or pee or snort. Who needs a doctor when laughter is the best medicine? 

Laughter is a prescription-less antidote for our fears, worries, and anxieties, as well as our physical ailments. 

I think it was Kurt Vonnegut who said, "Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward." If there was a PhD in laughter, few of us would've earned a doctorate. 

Nobody laughs. Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment